Thursday, September 23, 2010

~*Days 19 & 20*~

Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
     So, I've been avoiding this one because I'm not really sure how to answer the second part. But now I am going to answer them both. As for religion, I have my faith and my beliefs and I will always tell people what I think whenever they ask. But I don't know too much about it and I feel like I should know more about it before I try to talk to people about it. I believe people have a right to believe in whatever they want and worship whatever/whoever they want. I don't want you pushing your religion on me and therefore I will not push my religion on you. However, I believe that this country was founded on certain beliefs and I think it should stay based on those beliefs. We have allowed people to come in and bring other religions and that is fine, but YOU CAME HERE. If you don't like sayings that have been on coins and in the national anthem and such for years and years, don't stay here. Go back to where your religion is the main one and things are based on your religion. I basically feel the same way about politics. I believe this country should get back to the beliefs it was founded on and the government should be a part of that. I am a republican and I believe abortion is wrong and the military is important. However, I am in school for business and taking some of the classes I'm required to have, I am learning that I do agree with several ideas that are more liberal - so I think from now on, I'll just vote for the person I agree with the most and if  it's a tie, I'll just not vote. Everyone has a right to their beliefs and their religion. So I won't force mine on you so long as you don't force yours on me. :) 

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
     Ahhhh the typical drug/alcohol question. I think no matter how old people are, they are going to make stupid decisions when using either or. DUIs don't stop or really even decrease for age groups above 21. People drinking or smoking before they are of the legal age isn't going to change regardless of what the minimum age is. As for illegal drugs, people are going to do it regardless of whether it is legal or illegal. I don't personally take part in drugs and I'm not a big alcohol person. But I do believe that if people want to take part in them, they're going to regardless of the minimum age limit and the legal aspect of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment